Wednesday, June 16, 2010

[Tech] A tale of Youtube.


After the Surra De Bunda post left me stupified by how coarse out culture has become, I've realized that it has pretty much always been that way. As the famous adage goes "Sex sells.", and apparently it's selling faster than fried chicken at a Black Power march.

Racial hilarity aside, I rewatched Eric Prydz's "Call on me" video for about the ten trillionth time today and this only served to confirm my dwindling opinion of human marketing strategy. The video is literally 3 solid minutes of scantily clad women (and one questionably homosexual male) suggestively shaking their bits around in giggling obliviousness. You're led to wonder if they're all in some sort of hallucinogenic trance induced by reduced bloodflow from all the skintight spandex.

Not that I have a problem with any of it though. The video has a total of around 8 different words repeated on an endless loop but yet you will watch it repeatedly, simply because you can't stop mindlessly ogling the blonde in the front that appears to have a bit of black twine stuck between her buttcheeks.
I estimate I'm on my 300th viewing.
This possibly makes me a hypocrite.
F*** you, you can't judge me.

Also a point of comparative interest is the fact that the number one viewed video on Youtube is Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" music video, which really boggles my budgerigars, since I really didn't think around 230 million people could possibly have watched that pile of odd tosh. I mean, I personally love the dark, quirky, somewhat disturbing randomness of the song, but I doubt a number nearly equivalent to the entire f****** population of the United States of America could have watched it. Pretty soon she'll reveal her plans for tyrannical rule, and you little lambs, will follow your psychotic, bug-eyed mistress to the end.

Maybe soon, we'll see some real Youtube talent rise to the top of the list though, because some shit is just too awesome to be ignored.
Fight the power!



2 comments:

  1. does that video have an actual verse?? Cuz I'm just hearing the same words being repeated for almost 3 full minutes....and half-naked chics gyrating (not that I mind that part) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just "Call on me, on me" over and over lol.
    I don't mind either since they got some real lookers for the dancers :|

    ReplyDelete